Closing Date: 25 April 2023 The above positions, which report to the General Manager and the Financial Controller, have fallen vacant and applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified persons.
• Assist in providing financial and management accounting support to the 2 Mining Strategic Business Units (SBUs) within the group.
• Plan and prepare annual budgets for the SBUs.
• Prepare monthly management accounts and reports for the SBUs.
• Prepare annual financial statements for the SBUs.
• Prepare and review product costing and pricing in consultation with the General Managers.
• Facilitate compliance with tax and legal requirements of the SBUs.
• Supervise and manage group intercompany transactions.
• Implement sound accounting policies and procedures throughout SBUs.
• Liaise with Heads of Department on all operational financial matters affecting the organization.
• Provide accurate analytical financial information for strategic and operational decisions.
• Plan and prepare for internal and external audit and report back to management on their findings.
• Supervise and train subordinate staff in the department. • Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• An Accounting degree plus a professional qualification such as CA, CIMA, ACCA or CIS.
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position. Newly qualified professional Accountants with full Articles of Clerkship through ICAZ, ACCA, CIMA and CIS are encouraged to apply.
• High level computer literacy, knowledge of accounting packages and experience with NAVISION being an added advantage.
• Team player and ability to work under minimal supervision. • Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Only qualified and experienced candidates should apply enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications to: email@example.com
Persons with disability and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply