EXCITING: 16 June 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a sharp, mature, results oriented and dynamic individual to fill in the above position based in Harare.
Reporting to the Procurement Executive, the incumbent will be responsible for among other duties:
- Gathers and communicates internally all intelligence concerning all sources of strategic raw materials and key products, their prices and status of logistics chains.
- Maintains a live database of the above and monitors all developments in source markets, ports, and transport modes (sea, rail, road, and air).
- Produces price trends and intelligent forecasts including advising when and where to buy from but in compliance with the PPDPA Act.
- Coordinates, monitors, and enforces Compliance with the PPDPA Act, Procurement Regulations and PRAZ guidelines in all the Chemplex operating units where PMUs have been established.
- Drafts policies that guide all the PMUs to achieve full compliance with PPDPA Act, Regulations and PRAZ guidelines.
- Ensure that all databases and compliance reports are generated timely and that they are properly filed and kept safely for internal and external use.
- Ensure compliance and efficiency are maintained.
Qualifications & Experience:
• A degree in Economics, Business studies, Procurement or Marketing from a reputable institution.
- A CIPS Qualification shall be an added advantage.
- An MBA shall also be an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in a similar position (Commodity Trading and procurement compliance enforcement).
- Proficient with Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act and PRAZ processes.
- Experience in international commodity trading.
- A team player, good communication skills, computer literate and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- A clean Class 4 Driver’s licence.
Applications, accompanied by comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted no later than 16 June 2023 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Persons with disability and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply