Closing Date: 17 March 2023 The above positions, which report to the General Manager and the Financial Controller have fallen vacant and applications are invited form interested and suitably qualified employees
- Assist in providing financial and management accounting support to the 2 Mining Strategic Business Units (SBUs) within the group.
- Plan and prepare annual budgets for the SBUs.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reports for the SBUs.
- Prepare annual financial statements for the SBUs.
- Prepare and review product costing and pricing in consultation with the General Managers.
- Facilitate compliance with tax and legal requirements of the SBUs.
- Supervise and manage group intercompany transactions.
- Implement sound accounting policies and procedures throughout SBUs.
- Liaise with Heads of Department on all operational financial matters affecting the organization.
- Provide accurate analytical financial information for strategic and operational decisions.
- Plan and prepare for internal and external audit and report back to management on their findings.
- Supervise and train subordinate staff in the department.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- An Accounting degree plus a professional qualification such as CA, CIMA, ACCA or CIS.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position. Newly qualified professional Accountants with full Articles of Clerkship through ICAZ, ACCA ,CIMA and CIS are encouraged to apply.
- High level computer literacy, knowledge of accounting packages and experience with NAVISION being an added advantage.
- Team player and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Only qualified and experienced candidates should apply enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications to:firstname.lastname@example.org